Other Plate Types
Free Flow (Wide-Gap) Plates
Our Free Flow Plate Heat Exchangers maximize heat recovery from fibrous or viscous fluids with minimal maintenance. Free Flow or Wide-Gap plates are specially designed with no metal to metal contact and large gaps (5 mm to 11.5 mm) between plates in the liquid area – allowing large particles to pass through the exchanger with minimal risk of blockage.
- Plate Gap Sizes from 5 mm to 11.5 mm
- Port Sizes from 2" to 12" Pipe Size
- Surface Areas from 2 to 24 sq ft
- Design Pressure: 150 psig
- ASME Code Construction & U-Stamp
- Available in Stainless Steel, Titanium, and Higher Alloys
- NBR, EPDM, or Viton Gaskets
Our Free Flow plates are ideal for handling process fluids containing fibers, solids, particles, or viscous products. Industrial applications include:
- Cooling, heating, & heat recovery services in the pulp & paper industry
- Cooling & heating fruit juices that contain pulp or fibers
- Heat recovery from contaminated plant effluents
Double Wall Plate Heat Exchangers
The double wall plate heat exchanger provides extra protection against cross contamination of the process fluids.
Each double wall plate actually consists of two identical plates seal welded together at the 4 port openings. A small air gap between each plate pair vents to atmosphere so that if a leakage does occur, it will be vented between the double walls for immediate visual detection.
Double wall plate heat exchangers are often used in services where intermixing of fluids must be avoided such as:
- Potable Water Applications
- Sanitary Water for Food Processing
- Engine Cooling
Semi-Welded Plate Heat Exchangers
Semi-welded plate heat exchangers are used for handling aggressive media, such as ammonia and other refrigerants, which cannot be readily sealed by conventional elastomer gaskets.
Individual plate cassettes, which consist of two plates laser welded together, are installed as a plate pack inside of a frame. Each adjacent pair of cassettes is fitted with a specially designed port gasket to isolate the aggressive media from contact with the utility media. This arrangement confines the aggressive media inside a welded channel with minimum exposure to gasketing.
Plate Concepts semi-welded plate exchangers are available in stainless steel and titanium. Gasketing includes NBR, EPDM and chloroprene and Teflon.